Saturday, November 17, 2012

Last ride of the season, again

It seems that every ride is the last ride of the season, or could be.  The weather is certainly colder and the days are shorter.  Once the roads are salted then I am off my bike.  I already have the basement spinning setup in place and did a session last night.  I did get out on the 12th (Veterans Day day off).  The day was very warm.  I was about to go in the basement to spin and my wife wondered why I didn't get outside.   I took her advice and rode out towards Lincoln on Mass Ave then Battle Road towards Concord.  The road was iffy for a road bike before the Old Mass Ave/2A intersection but west of there it was crushed stone.  I had my Surly, which handles much rougher roads than anything on that stretch.  It was nice to be outside and riding in shorts and in the woods for a couple of miles.  The ride was only 15 miles but it was much nicer than spinning in the basement.  I did get out running recently, 22 miles in the last week.  I now have run more miles in November than I rode in November.

On Battle Road before heading back to town on Mill Street (to the 128 underpass):


No comments:

Post a Comment