Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunday mornings, riding in the dark

I have had the time to take an early (5:15AM) Sunday morning ride the last couple of Sundays.  The routes were similar and looked something like this.  I would have liked to get out longer but rides that early (in the dark) are slow, even with the best headlight, and I just don't have that much time to go that much past sunrise.  I had a few other rides, including two early morning trips out to Concord and Bedford, both entirely before sunrise.  I also rode into work one morning, my only recent ride that did not include riding with a headlight for at least part of the ride.

That brings me close to 1900 miles for the year.  My goal for the year was 2000 miles but it seemed unreasonable for much of the year.  But given good health and good weather, I should get that last 100 miles before the roads are salted.

No comments:

Post a Comment