Friday, October 5, 2012

Water Row, plus a few miles more

I did my second longest ride of the year, 58 miles, today, which I took off from work.  It is nice to have vacation time.  The loop included my usual run up through Great Brook Farm Park, stopping by the old cranberry bogs, then down to Concord and then south of Concord to Water Row and Glazen Lane down to Weston.  It was the first time in a few years that I rode Water Row and down into Weston, which I did commonly back when I lived closer to Boston (and often rode into Cambridge by way of Beacon Street in Brookline).  Water Row remains a lovely road and worth the mile on Route 27.

I'm closing in on 2000 miles for the year.


The old cranberry bogs just west of Great Brook Farm Park on Curve Street - a lot of people walk out there:



 A wetland on the north end of Water Row.  There is a great blue heron somewhere in this picture:



Along Water Row:



No comments:

Post a Comment