Sunday, August 9, 2009

Last long ride before the D2R2

Bobby and I did one last long, hilly (for eastern Mass) ride before the D2R2. It's a standard route for me with some variations. Since Goldsmith Road is a wreck these days, we took 2A/119 into Littleton rather than taking Shaker to Goldsmith into Littleton. We back tracked on Newtown Road to Fort Pond Road to get some of the hills of Nagog Hill Road in rather than taking Newtown into Acton center. We had a great day. I bonked coming into Concord but nothing that a power bar couldn't cure (drafting behind Bobby for a couple of miles helped). In Lexington we took Pleasant St. past Wilson Farms to avoid Arlington Heights traffic and skip the Park Ave hill. We did this ride at around 16.1 mph.

I have nearly 1200 miles on the season with some faster rides and some hill work. I should be able to handle the D2R2 - though I won't expect to finish quickly. My goal is to be healthy and happy at the end of the ride, nothing more.

Bike: IF Club Racer 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment